WELCOME! Join me on my journey as I prepare for and then travel to Belize City, San Pedro Town, and San Ignacio in Belize and then to Tikal, Guatemala.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday night 4-17 Arriving at Cahal Pech Resort in San Ignacio/4-18 Monday at Cahal Pech

After a fantastic yet tiring day spent at the ATM Cave and a long bus ride, we arrived at the Cahal Pech Resort. The resort is located on a hill overlooking the town of San Ignacio. The resort is named after the Mayan ruins that were discovered nearby in the 1930s. In the 1950s the site was named Cahal Pech which means "place of the ticks."

Entrance to the Cahal Pech resort at night.


 This photo was taken from the balcony of the room Nick, Kyle, and I shared. You can see the lights of San Ignacio.

This is the exact same view the next morning.



Monday was a day to collect ourselves. Really, the first free day we had since our arrival. You can see here where I set up office to get caught up on some doctoral assignments. I felt a bit like Ernest Hemingway. I could get used to a view like this.

 A friend stop by to see if I needed some help.

 I said yes, so he obliged. I was able to accomplish a great deal!


So there is not much to report EXCEPT! My granddaughter Madilyn Louise Reid was born today!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment